Every once in a while I have to update one of our Crystal Reports that we have made available on the web. I really hate Crystal. It’s quirky, doesn’t work the way you expect and don’t get me started on the error reporting. While deploying our application to test I was receiving a “Query Engine Error”. Very descriptive. Luckily, I found this post on this error and it turns out that the dataset was different from the XSD. I updated the stored procedure and everything was shiny. The Moral of the story was move to Reporting Services as quickly as you can.
Now Playing: Les Howard and Kari Haley – The Signal #8, 24th August 2005