I ran into this issue today. When I logged into our Project Web Server website I received this error:
- Verify your security settings in Internet Explorer are set to allow ActiveX controls to be downloaded.
- Check to see if Internet Explorer has stopped the installation of the ActiveX controls.
- To install the controls, on the Information Bar, click Install ActiveX Control. You need to use a 32-bit version of your browser to download and run the ActiveX controls.
- Contact your systems administrator.
After a reboot found this article entitled Error message when you start Microsoft Project Web Access: “The controls for Microsoft Project Web Access could not be downloaded correctly” in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. To fix the issue I removed the Project Web Access ActiveX controls by:
Remove any controls that are already downloaded
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, and then click Settings in the Browsing history section.
- Click View Objects.
- Right-click Pj12enuC Class, and then click Remove.
- Right-click PjAdoInfo4 Class, and then click Remove.
- Close the View Objects window, and then click OK two times.
I then went back into our Project Web Access website and downloaded the ActiveX controls again. Worked like a charm.